Moving and fun? Not really …
Moving, it is what it is. You may look forward to moving in with excitement. You may have put hours in preparation. However, at the end of the day, those boxes and furniture will not move by themselves. You will no doubt have some help whether they are family, friends or movers, but you simply cannot escape from putting in some elbow grease. I know, I know… I’ve been there and done that. Nobody looks forward to juggling the pressure of time constraints while moving furniture and boxes. It’s hard work, repetitive and dull.
I do have some tricks up my sleeves though. The idea is “Since you can’t escape from it, you might as well enjoy it.” It’s about making your experience less dull, and more enjoyable. By making your moving experience more fun and enjoyable for yourself and those around you, you will find that there is increased productivity, energy level and reduced fatigue so that when you are done, you can enjoy your new home instead of hitting the bed the first thing.
I will share these tips with you.
4 ways to make moving fun
Being positive is fundamental. Power of positivity enables you to do things that you couldn’t previously. It is proven to increase your natural ability, both physical and mental.
Here is a video example. I highly recommend you take 3 minutes out of your time to view how positivity and negativity affect our abilities.
Simple phrases such as “you are doing great!” or “Wow, look at you go! You did all that by yourself?” can act as positive enforcements, keeping everyone more confident and you will be done with your move before you know it!
But you may be thinking….. “I get that I need to be positive, but how exactly do I do that?”
Follow these tips.
- Speak in positives: make positive suggestions over criticism. “I think that couch looks great where it is! I think it would look even better next to the fireplace” over “The couch looks bad where it is, you should have placed it next to the fireplace”
- Filter negative words: Instead of “this is dirty,” say “this can be cleaned better”
Sounds too simple but it will make a world of difference.
Keep the music pumping!!!
Even though sea chants are proven to improve work and performance efficiency, I’m well aware that not everyone will feel comfortable singing along while they lift heavy items, but rest assured I have a solution for you.
Keep the music pumping!!!! But keep them happy tunes…
- Music does wonders (if you have a few minutes, be sure to check out this short video.)
- Music alters mood: happy melody encourages us to view things in a more positive light.
- Listening to music can override your body’s signal which tells your brain to take a break, allowing you to squeeze more on your big moving day. Some studies also suggest that you require less effort and energy to perform a physical task while listening to music. Wow! This almost sounds like cheating!!!!
With happy tunes blasting out of your jukebox, you will be turning yourself, family, friends and movers into a team of efficient super-soldiers!
Creating teams can benefit you in a multitude of ways. When teams are formed and responsibilities have been clearly set for each teams
- It promotes a bit of team spirit and a healthy dosage of competitiveness (remember it’s not a competition)
- Clear responsibilities decrease the chance of items being left out until the last moment to avoid delays.
- It reduces congestion by preventing everyone from being in the same room at once.
- It can serve as an excellent bonding activity with children and/or extended family members if they are involved.
Remember that we’re keeping it fun and positive. Why not tie your formed teams in a reward system? Be sure to include that everyone shares the reward so that everyone shares the benefit. Here are some ideas.
- The winning team decides which restaurant or which cuisine everyone will be eating out after the move.
- The winning team gets to rest while the other team goes shopping for the drinks.
- The winning team gets to pick the movies for the next time.
There are unlimited possibilities. You can even offer cash rewards or other benefits as it suits your circumstances. Be creative, consider everyone’s interest and try to include everyone as much as possible!
Applying some of these tips you will be able to make your moving experience more fun and more positive. Your move will be completed before you know it!
Have fun with Easy Peasy Removals
We at Easy Peasy Removals pride ourselves in customer service, creating the best possible moving experience for you. We know that moving is hard and therefore, we’ll take the burden from your shoulders by helping you arrange everything. That way, your moving day can not only by smooth but perhaps even enjoyable. Still thinking it sounds too good to be true?